Why rebrand your business
There are numerous reasons why you might decide to rebrand your business.
Here are a few:
- Your focus has changed – you are offering different products or services
- Your location has changed
- To stimulate growth
- To gain a competitive advantage
- To consoldiate several businesses
- Your existing name is too narrow
- Your existing name is too general
- Your business name is outdated
- You’ve got a name that’s now hindering growth
- Your business name is lost online
- People can’t remember, spell or pronounce your company’s name
Hands up of any of those apply? I am guilty of number 11. Originally my business was called “TcueWebs”, There is quite a logical reason behind that but when I was told “I can’t tell people about your business because I can’t say it” I realise it was time to change -fast.
And like you perhaps I was concerned that I would loose my supporters on Facebook and Twitter. But that wasn’t the case as the social media platforms will allow you to change your profile names. Facebook has a few provisos you will find but in essence don’t worry.
How to rebrand your business on social media
To help out here is a list of links that will give you the help you need to rebrand your social media accounts:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/help/www/271607792873806
- Twitter – https://support.twitter.com/articles/14609
- Instagram – https://help.instagram.com/583107688369069
- Pinterest – https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/edit-your-profile#Web
- Periscope –https://help.pscp.tv/customer/portal/articles/2387415-how-do-i-change-my-periscope-display-name-
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/61172/changing-the-name-of-your-company-page-or-showcase-page?lang=en
- Snapchat – https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/change-username
- MailChimp – http://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/account-setup/how-to-set-account-defaults
I know MailChimp isn’t a social media platform but so many people use it I’ve included it here.
After you have changed your usernames/profile names don’t forget to also change:
- Any header images
- Any profile images
- Profile blurbs
- The link to your new website
Still thinking about rebranding your business?
Go ahead – you won’t look back – I haven’t.
My goal is to make the process of planning, creating and managing a website as easy as possible for organisations and individual business owners.
I have gained my experience though hands on work and learning from organisations like yours. I believe that we are all a work in progress and in a fast moving industry like online marketing it really helps that I am always learning new ways to help businesses thrive online.
I flourish in opening up the world of websites and technology so that those without any formal training in the field can enter and feel empowered. Helping people learn about digital marketing and developing their understanding further is paramount.
To find out how I can help you become more successful online get in touch on either 07813 769719 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Tosca Lahiri (see all)
- How to rebrand your social media accounts and keep all your supporters - 25/04/2017
- Housework for your Website - 20/03/2017
- What is a permalink? - 21/02/2017