Why rebrand your business
There are numerous reasons why you might decide to rebrand your business.
Here are a few:
- Your focus has changed – you are offering different products or services
- Your location has changed
- To stimulate growth
- To gain a competitive advantage
- To consoldiate several businesses
- Your existing name is too narrow
- Your existing name is too general
- Your business name is outdated
- You’ve got a name that’s now hindering growth
- Your business name is lost online
- People can’t remember, spell or pronounce your company’s name
Hands up of any of those apply? I am guilty of number 11. Originally my business was called “TcueWebs”, There is quite a logical reason behind that but when I was told “I can’t tell people about your business because I can’t say it” I realise it was time to change -fast.
And like you perhaps I was concerned that I would loose my supporters on Facebook and Twitter. But that wasn’t the case as the social media platforms will allow you to change your profile names. Facebook has a few provisos you will find but in essence don’t worry.
How to rebrand your business on social media
To help out here is a list of links that will give you the help you need to rebrand your social media accounts:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/help/www/271607792873806
- Twitter – https://support.twitter.com/articles/14609
- Instagram – https://help.instagram.com/583107688369069
- Pinterest – https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/edit-your-profile#Web
- Periscope –https://help.pscp.tv/customer/portal/articles/2387415-how-do-i-change-my-periscope-display-name-
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/61172/changing-the-name-of-your-company-page-or-showcase-page?lang=en
- Snapchat – https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/change-username
- MailChimp – http://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/account-setup/how-to-set-account-defaults
I know MailChimp isn’t a social media platform but so many people use it I’ve included it here.
After you have changed your usernames/profile names don’t forget to also change:
- Any header images
- Any profile images
- Profile blurbs
- The link to your new website
Still thinking about rebranding your business?
Go ahead – you won’t look back – I haven’t.
Latest posts by Tosca Lahiri (see all)
- The Top 5 Construction Industry Twitter Accounts you need to Follow - 22/01/2018
- 13 Signs that your Website is Losing you Sales and Enquiries - 05/01/2018
- The Best WordPress SEO Plugin - 20/11/2017